Ask Iceland Review

Ask Iceland Review

If you’ve got a question about Iceland or anything Iceland-related, we’ll do our best to answer it here. Submit your questions using the button to the right. Please include your name and the city/country you're from.

Healthcare in Iceland

Doctors

Photo: Geir Ólafsson.

Q: How do you fund your universal health care plan?

Claudia, United States

---

A: About 80 percent of healthcare costs are paid for through a combination of national and municipal taxes, while service fees account for the remaining 20 percent.

ESOK

Pages